Recommended Reading List for BABE Certification
- The Birth Partner: A Complete Guide to Childbirth for Dads, Doulas, and All Other Labor Companions – Simkin
- The Complete Book of Pregnancy & Childbirth – Kitzinger
- The Doula Book: How a Trained Labor Companion Can Help You Have a Shorter, Easier, and Healthier Birth – Kennell/Klaus/Klaus
- Mind Over Labor: A Breakthrough Guide to Giving Birth – Jones
- No More Morning Sickness: A Survival Guide for Pregnant Women – Erick
- Pregnancy, Childbirth, and the Newborn: The Complete Guide – Bolding/Durham/Keppler/Simkin/Whalley
- Surviving Teen Pregnancy – Arthur
- The Thinking Woman’s Guide to a Better Birth – Goer
- The Ultimate Breastfeeding Book of Answers: The Most Comprehensive Problem-Solving Guide to Breastfeeding from the Foremost Expert in North America – Newman/Pitman
- When Survivors Give Birth: Understanding and Healing the Effects of Early Sexual Abuse on Childbearing Women – Klaus/Simkin
Book reviews should be typed with 11 or 12 pt. font and should be 1-2 pages long, single- or double-spaced.
We may accept reviews for other, current materials on childbirth education. If you would like to review materials not included on this list, email firstname.lastname@example.org for approval.