The BABE Course
- Course Attendance - Participants must attend all three days of the course. Comfortable clothing is recommended.
- Certification Exam - A certification examination will be given on the final day of the course. The exam consists of multiple choice and short answer questions, and all materials in the exam will be covered during the 3-day course.
- Teaching Presentation - Prepare a 5-minute presentation about a topic related to childbirth education. You will be asked to present your topic in a simulated teaching environment on the last day of the course.
- Curriculum Outline - If you are currently teaching, please bring your course outline with you to class, especially if you plan to update or revise the content. If you are not teaching, you will learn how to create your outline in the class.
- Three (3) Book Reviews - Choose three (3) books directly related to childbirth, breastfeeding, or parenting. Write a comprehensive review for each of the three books that you have read, applying the following guidelines:
· Summarize the information covered in each book.
· Discuss how the ideas and philosophy expressed in the book compare with your own.
· Explain how the information has affected you and will influence your teaching.
Each book review should be at least 1-2 pages long, single or double spaced. 11- or 12-pt. font is preferred. Our recommended reading list will help you get started.
After completion of the BABE Course, any remaining certification requirements must be submitted for review within 8 weeks of the class date. All requirements must be completed before certification can be approved.
Failure to finish all requirements within 8 weeks without an extension will require you to retake the entire course at full registration cost to become certified.
If you are unable to meet the 8-week submission deadline, please contact our office to discuss an extension. You may purchase up to two (2) 4-week extensions. Each extension will extend your submission due date by 4 weeks from the original due date. ACBE reserves the right to accept or deny extension requests with or without cause.
Please read our registration, payment, and cancellation policies here.