- Course Attendance - Participants must attend the full day of class. Comfortable clothing is recommended.
- Certification Exam - A take-home certification examination will be given to you at the end of the class. The exam consists of multiple choice and short answer questions, and all materials in the exam will be covered during the class. You should submit your completed exam with your outline and book reviews after the workshop.
- Curriculum Outline - If you are currently teaching, please bring your course outline with you to class, especially if you plan to update or revise the content. If you are not teaching, you will learn how to create your outline in the class.
- Two (2) Book Reviews - Choose two books from the recommended reading list. Write a 1-2 page review for each of the two books that you have read. If you complete your book reviews prior to the beginning of the course, please submit them to our office by email, fax, or mail.
· Give a brief overview of the information covered in each book
· Discuss how the ideas and philosophy expressed in the book compare with your own
· Explain how the information has affected you and will influence your teaching
The first two certification requirements will be completed within class time.
Participants may send their book reviews, curriculum outline, and completed take-home exam to our office via email, fax, or mail after taking the class.
After completion of the course, any remaining requirements should be submitted for review within 60 days of the class date. If you are unable to meet the 60-day deadline, please call or email our office to discuss an extension.
Failure to finish all requirements in the given timeframe without an extension will require you to retake the entire course at full registration cost to become certified.