Childbirth Education Training and Certification Workshop
The B.A.B.E. Course Requirements:
- Complete required reading with written reports
- Attend the three-day certification course
- Complete a 5-minute teaching presentation
- Successfully complete a curriculum guide outline
- Pass the certification exam
The B.A.B.E. Course Eligibility Requirements (one of the following):
- A registered nurse with a current license
- A graduate of an institution of higher education who has been awarded a degree in a health related field
- A person who, by experience, meets the requirements as determined on an individual review basis by our Registration Committee
Read three books from book list. For each book write a 1 to 1½ page report:
- About how the ideas and philosophy discussed in this book compare with your own OR
- Explain how the information discovered in this book will enlighten or provide motivation for you class.
Suggested Book List
- Birth Partner by P. Simkin.
- Complete Book of Pregnancy & Childbirth by S. Kitzinger.
- The Doula Book by Klaus, Klaus, Kennell.
- Mind Over Labor by C. Jones
- No More Morning Sickness M. Erick.
- Pregnancy Chilbirth and The Newborn Yhe Complete Guide by Simkin/Whalley/Keppler
- Surviving Teen Pregnancy by S. Arther.
- The Thinking Woman's Guide To A Better Birth by H. Goer
- The Ultimate Breastfeeding Book of Answers by J. Newman
- When Survivors Give Birth by Simkin/Klaus
- Any current book on childbirth education.